Human Resources / Accounting Assistant – Chicago, IL
Job title: Human Resources/Accounting Assistant
Full-Time Position Location: Chicago, IL
Company: October Three Consulting LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and administration firm founded with a unique combination of heritage and start-up mentality. We are a concept driven, results oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, and additional holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Human Resources/Accounting Assistant will support the daily operations of the HR and Accounting teams. HR functions will include assistance with onboarding new employees, managing employee benefit programs, paid time-off and insurance plans, and other clerical and administrative tasks as needed. The accounting functions will include assistance with accounts payable, credit card reconciliation and inventory management. This candidate must have a detail and quality orientation, be able to juggle multiple tasks at once and be comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Assists with the onboarding process for new employees, ensuring that all pre-employment and post-employmment tasks are completed timely
- Assists with open enrollment, including communication of changes to employees
- Assists with the management of employee benefit programs, including savings plan, PTO and insurance
- Helps manage accounts payable, including entering vendor payables in Quickbooks, running and mailing checks, and filing invoices
- Records credit card entries to the correct ledger account
- Assists with the preparation of annual 1099s
- Assists with the management of fixed assets such as computers and other hardware
- Provides backup phone coverage and other administrative support
- Assists with printing and mailing fulfillment for firm clients
- Handles travel arrangements for candidates and employees
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- Requires high school diploma plus 1-2 years of related work experience
- Requires experience in use of office equipment including computer, printers, and scanner.
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at email@example.com. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.