Pension Administration Associate Jacksonville, FL
Job title: Pension Administration Associate
Full-Time Position Location: Jacksonville, FL
Company: October Three Consulting LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and pension administration firm built around a refreshingly different approach to defined benefit plans. We are a concept-driven, results-oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading-edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, and additional holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Pension Administration Associate will respond promptly, thoughtfully and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations, and will possess the skills and ability to communicate effectively, and appropriately, with internal resources, pension plan participants, clients and third parties across multiple offices and virtual working environments.
- Provide professional, reliable, and prompt customer service to participants, clients and colleagues
- Respond to pension plan participant calls and facilitate requests; consult with participants on pension plan provisions, benefit calculation questions, payment elections, etc. Explain basic retirement plan concepts to pension plan participants.
- Open research cases as appropriate, when additional information is needed.
- Make outbound calls to pension plan participants when follow up information has been received and/or escalation issue has been resolved.
- Accountable for supporting his/her team in providing outstanding service delivery for assigned clients including:
- Understanding clients’ basic pension plan provisions, data and system
- Producing system generated calculations and participant communications statements including reviewing for quality and accuracy
- Adhering to standard operational procedures to ensure overall quality of deliverables
- Meeting deadlines, completing all operational processing tasks within set timeframes and service level agreements
- Process returned retirement election forms from participants.
- Participate in system function testing and integration testing.
- Identify areas for improvement in processes and procedures.
- Display flexibility in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects.
- Maintain a professional and supportive attitude.
- Encourage collaboration and work to resolve conflicts.
- Escalate calls or issues to a manager as appropriate.
- Comply with all firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Customer focused attitude with strong communication skills including good listening and interpersonal skills
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to multi-task as needed
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Skilled at properly researching, identifying, and documenting issues
- Possesses decision-making and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Effective working in a team environment
Ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in the financial services industry or a customer service role for at least two (2) years and has had varying responsibilities in supporting day-to-day administration/operations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at email@example.com. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.