Pension Administration Consultant – Jacksonville, FL
Job title: Pension Administration Consultant
Full-Time Position Location: Jacksonville, FL
Company: October Three Consulting LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and administration firm founded with a unique combination of heritage and start-up mentality. We are a concept driven, results oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, and additional holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Pension Administration Consultant will respond promptly, thoughtfully and effectively to changing work environments, changing priorities, and new situations, and will possess the skills and ability to communicate effectively, and appropriately, with internal resources, pension plan participants, clients and third parties across multiple offices and virtual working environments.
- Handles ongoing day-to-day benefit plan administration and management of special projects associated with defined benefit plans for various clients.
- Responds to pension plan participant calls and facilitates requests, consults with participants on pension plan provisions, benefit calculation questions, payment elections, etc. Explains complex retirement plan concepts to pension plan participants.
- Accountable for supporting his/her team in providing outstanding service delivery for assigned clients including:
- Understanding clients’ pension plan provisions, data and system
- Ensuring accuracy and quality of system generated calculations and communication statements
- Adhering to standard operational procedures to ensure overall quality of deliverables
- Completing all calculations and operational processing tasks within set timeframes and service level agreements
- Reconciles transactions with administration systems and coordinates monthly pension payments with trustee.
- Participates in system function testing and integration testing.
- Identifies areas for improvement in processes and procedures.
- Flexible in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects.
- Maintains a professional and supportive attitude.
- Encourages collaboration and works to resolve conflicts.
- Escalates calls or issues to a manager as appropriate.
- Complies with all firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Self starter with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and drive and prioritize own work
- Skilled at properly researching, identifying, and documenting issues including strong attention to detail
- Possesses advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Effective working in a team environment
Ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in the retirement industry and has a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in defined benefits administration. RPA or CEBS designation, a PLUS.
Bachelor’s degree (in a business context preferred) or equivalent work experience required
Basic spreadsheet knowledge preferred but not required (i.e., Excel)
Basic database knowledge preferred but not required (i.e., Access)
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.