Pension Administration Data Analyst – Jacksonville, FL
Job title: Pension Administration Data Analyst
Full-Time Position Location: Jacksonville, FL
Company: October Three Consulting LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and administration firm founded with a unique combination of heritage and start-up mentality. We are a concept driven, results oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, and additional holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Pension Administration Data Analyst will be part of a team dedicated to ensuring client pension demographic and payroll data is loaded accurately and timely to the defined benefit platform. The data analyst role will vary by individual project including elements such as data loads, data validation, data analyses, data extracts, and data reporting. This candidate must be energetic, nimble, and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Responsible for loading and reviewing weekly or periodic client data feeds including reconciling data differences, and troubleshooting, interpreting and correcting system generated error messages.
- Utilizes technology (e.g., SQL, Access, Excel, text editors etc.) to identify and isolate issues, analyze data, uncover root causes, and suggest solutions.
- Responsible for exporting data from the pension system and ensuring quality of data file extracts (e.g., monthly and one-time pension payments from administration system to trustee).
- Responsible for using batch processing tools to generate pension participant correspondence (e.g., annual pension statements, monthly termination kits etc.).
- Effectively manages the work queue including reviewing and resolving data exceptions and updating participant’s record, if necessary.
- Confers with data manager and more senior technical IT programmers to resolve uncommon issues.
- Manages daily work within established guidelines and receives general instructions on newly introduced assignments.
- Liaison with clients and external third parties for problem resolution.
- Participates in system function testing and integration testing.
- Identifies areas for improvement in processes and procedures.
- Flexible in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects.
- Handles ongoing day-to-day benefit plan administration and management of special projects associated with defined benefit plans for various clients.
- Maintains a professional and supportive attitude.
- Encourages collaboration and works to resolve conflicts.
- Complies with all firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications like SQL, Excel and Access and strong computer skills
- Experience working with databases and writing SQL queries of moderate complexity
- Possesses strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills including high attention to detail
- Ability to analyze underlying problems and patterns taken from various sources, evaluate alternatives, and draw accurate conclusions
- Ability to solve problems independently as well as propose solutions/best course of action to management for more complex issues
- Ability to learn new technologies and implement innovative approaches to challenges
- Self starter with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and drive and prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Effective working in a team environment
Ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in the defined benefit retirement industry and has a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in data analysis/data management.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at email@example.com. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.