Pension Administration Data Manager – Jacksonville, FL
Job title: Pension Administration Data Manager
Full-Time Position Location: Jacksonville, FL
Company: October Three Consulting LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and administration firm founded with a unique combination of heritage and start-up mentality. We are a concept driven, results oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401K Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, and additional holidays
Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Pension Administration Data Manager will provide deep subject matter expertise and overall oversight for data processing of clients’ weekly and periodic pension demographic and payroll data feeds and extracts. This candidate must be energetic, nimble, and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where results orientation is key. While this is not a primarily client-facing role, the position may involve some client interactions and communications.
- Efficiently manages own workload (and data team’s workload) to fulfill commitments across multiple client assignments in a timely manner.
- Oversees data team in all aspects of data extraction, analysis and reporting and ensures standard operating procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for peer review audits of manual work and providing necessary feedback.
- Performs data analysis and research on complex issues escalated by data analysts and provides resolution.
- Serve as primary subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with ad hoc report construction queries and research issues based on existing data, query tools, and reports.
- Ensures project activity is customer focused, results oriented, performance driven, and in compliance with all applicable internal and external requirements.
- Employs analytical, conceptual, and creative thinking skills to improve overall business and systems performance.
- Communicates with clients to understand and identify specific data requirements.
- Flexible in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects.
- Handles ongoing day-to-day benefit plan administration and management of special projects associated with defined benefit plans for various clients.
- Maintains a professional and supportive attitude.
- Encourages collaboration and works to resolve conflicts.
- Complies with all firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Highly computer literate with advanced SQL skills
- Ability to write SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Possesses advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Must be a self-starter and able to self-direct with the ability to be proactive in ambiguous situations
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment managing multiple project priorities
- Ability to work both independently and on client teams, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Demonstrates client service focus and flexibility in supporting client requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of the HTML and XML programming languages preferred but not required
Ideal candidate is an individual who has worked in the retirement industry and has a minimum of 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in defined benefit plans.
Bachelor’s degree (in a data processing or computer sciences context preferred) or equivalent work experience required.
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at email@example.com. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.