Quality Assurance Associate – Dallas, TX
Job Title: Quality Assurance Associate
Full-Time Position Location: Dallas, TX
Company: October Three Consulting, LLC
About October Three
October Three is an actuarial consulting and administration firm founded with a unique combination of heritage and start-up mentality. We are a concept driven, results oriented firm partnering with clients to find innovative solutions. Our innovation includes challenging established thinking and driving transformation. We bring this innovation to our plan design consulting services as well as to our leading edge technology solutions. We are invested in the future of defined benefit plans and passionate about delivering excellent client service.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus plan, we offer:
- Medical and dental coverage, as well as a vision care plan for employees, their spouses, children and domestic partners.
- 401K Savings Plan with multiple investment options.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of days for employees to use for vacation, illness, additional holidays etc.
- Opportunities for professional growth and much more!
October Three is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to maintaining a diverse workforce. For more information, visit www.octoberthree.com.
The Quality Assurance Associate will test new features, functionalities and enhancements for our pension administration system as well as review and validate daily asset feeds for our daily cash balance engine. The user experience of the administration system is updated periodically during a system upgrade, called a release.
- Responsible for user acceptance and regression testing for scheduled releases.
- Writes and collaborates on developing test scenarios, cases and scripts for user acceptance and regression testing.
- Works with client servicing teams to execute release testing.
- Ensures testing is delivered timely.
- Completes work order tickets for developers to track issues related to system enhancements.
- Reviews and validates daily asset feeds for processing in our daily engine.
- Creates manual asset files, as needed.
- Escalates any asset processing issues to Escalation Team as appropriate.
- Identifies areas for improvement in processes and procedures.
- Flexible in taking on new tasks and helping other teams on special projects.
- Maintains a professional and supportive attitude.
- Encourages collaboration and works to resolve conflicts.
- Complies with all firm policies and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong listening and interpersonal skills
- Self starter with good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and drive and prioritize own work
- Skilled at properly researching, identifying, and documenting issues including strong attention to detail
- Possesses advanced decision-making and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Effective working in a team environment
- Able to work extended hours (evenings, nights and weekends) to meet established deadlines.
Ideal candidate is a college graduate with experience in either professional quality assurance testing or in the retirement administration field.
Bachelor’s degree (in a business context preferred) or equivalent work experience required
Basic spreadsheet knowledge is required (i.e., Excel)
Basic database knowledge preferred but not required (i.e., Access)
All positions at October Three Consulting require an applicant who has accepted an offer to undergo a background check. Background checks may include some or all of the following: SSN validation, education verification, employment verification, criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check and/or drug test. By applying for a position with October Three, you understand that you will be required to undergo a background check should you be made an offer. You also understand that the offer is contingent upon successful completion of the background check and results consistent with October Three’s employment policies.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you meet the above criteria and have what it takes to help us build a best-in-class actuarial firm, we encourage you to submit your resume by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your resume in plain text, Microsoft Word or PDF format.